We strive to operate with a zero-waste mentality. While we are not a zero-waste spa, we firmly believe that the mindset to reduce, re-use, recycle, and repurpose where we can leads to conscious, thoughtful choices and actions that protect our planet. Some of the practices we employ are:
- On pet products are all natural, organic, eco-friendly, and non-toxic for healthy benefit to pets, their humans who cuddle them, and our water streams.
- Cleaning products are biodegradable and eco-friendly including our laundry detergent and surface disinfectants. We are on the search for an effective pet area disinfectant that is also eco-friendly. In the mean-time we use this product at proper dissolution ratio and only in areas of pet contact for proper disease and infection prevention.
- Recirculating hot water pump brings water to bathtubs no warmer than 37C max temp for pet and human safety and to minimize the waste of clean running water while waiting for water to warm.
- Recycled and bio-degradable paper products are used throughout spa.
- Paper shopping bags are made of 100% recycled content.
- Team T-shirts made with at least 5% recycled plastic.
- We sort our waste to recycle and re-purpose items when we can.
- We source high quality products in retail that are constructed with materials and workmanship to last.
- Limited packaging for all retail products and most packaging can be recycled.
At Suds we are proud to have made a good start and know there is always more that can be done to protect our planet today and for the future. We are committed to continually reviewing our spa operations, products used and industry partners to challenge ourselves to do more.